Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

Rant from Sweden Game


OK before we all start to panic and forget that we finished top of the group and therefore miss the Germans but take on Ecuador. I think all english fans would have taken 7 points at the start of the world cup.

However I need to get a few things of my chest from last nights game.

And I wonder if someone can answer a few questions for me.

1) Why did Sven not bring on Theo when Owen went off injured?

It now looks like owen will miss the rest of the world cup and I thought it would be a perfect time to bring on the lad and show what he can do. Or has the coach realised that he has made a big mistake taking him and knows he cant make it at international level. He risked Crouch (1 yellow card already) and I think that showed he has no faith in Theo.

2) Why was the defence so poor dealing with set plays?

This was one of our great strengths but last night the ball was allowed to bounce and no one seemed to know who they were marking. Ferdinand is looking 50/50 now for Sunday so Campbell and terry will have to work together.

3) Will sven ever sub Beckham?

Beckham played really well in the previous 2 games but if we need to win the game will he take him of for lennon. Maybe its just me but I think sven will just never sub his Captain.

4) Will lampard ever play a good game this world cup?

Hopefully Sunday will see a better performance, yesterday Ecuador rested 5 of their players so I expect it to be a much harder game than the Germans found yesterday

COME ON ENGLAND!

J

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Please Click If You Like ThisEmail Me!Link To UsBlogroll Me!

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - Bill Shankly

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?