Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

Clough Quotes


With Man U Playing Burton tonight and the papers are full of comparing Nigel Clough to his dad Brian.

Clough was in my opinion a brilliant manager and here are a few of his quotes followed by one by his son.

I remember when he bought Trevor Francis and the press were asking Trevor when he would be playing. B Clough’s voice away from the cameras shouted ‘ When I pick him’ .

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one" - On his own success.

"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there" - On the importance of passing the ball to feet.

"I only ever hit Roy the once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard" - On dealing with Roy Keane.

"We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" - On dealing with players who disagree with him.

"At last England have appointed a manager who speaks English better than the players" - On the appointment of Sven-Goran Eriksson.

"I'm sure the England selectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, I'd want to run the show. They were shrewd because that's exactly what I would have done" - On not getting the England manager's job.

"I was told I wouldn’’t be as good as Brian Clough - and most of the time it was Dad Telling me" Nigel Clough

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Please Click If You Like ThisEmail Me!Link To UsBlogroll Me!

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - Bill Shankly

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?