Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Telegraph World Cup Result


This was the results from the telegraph game, I came in the 2000 places behind these guys!


TELEGRAPH FANTASY FOOTBALL WORLD CUP - ROUND UP

So that’s it. It’s done, finished, gone and over.

Matt Daykin, a 33 year-old licensing and betting manager regulating the National Lottery, won the first prize of £25,000. The Derby County supporter might not be Italian but he had a lot to smile about at the weekend. “It’s incredible,” he told me after comfortably winning by 25 points. “It’s the best fiver I’ve ever spent. I really thought I’d shot my chance after transferring in Rooney and Lampard for the quarter-final but thankfully, while everyone else seemed to be backing Brazil, I went for the French. It worked a treat.” Indeed it did. Matt went from 32nd to somewhere in the 100s after England’s exit but pulled it back magnificently.
“Initially it was the French players who I brought in who picked things up for me but I fancied the Italians to win right from the first match. Mama Mia, Mario, Icer Cream, bellisimmo etc…”

Finishing second – and winning £2,000 – was 33 year-old recruitment consultant, Chris Gilmour, a Middlesbrough fan. “All my transfers paid off and now I can’t wait to make some more in the new Premiership season,” he added. Londoner Tony Davies won £1,000 for finishing third.

The top performing Chairman, who also won a grand, was Sion Matthews from Fife (although he supports Oldham Athletic) while the leading
Super League was The Baer Hunt, run by John Hunt and Bruce Baer. They can now argue over who wins the £2,500 prize although I find the best way to settle such things is to head butt my rival as hard as I can in the chest.

Congratulations to all and don’t forget to look out for our new £100,000 domestic game starting this Saturday
.

Of Course Here at WWC -FF I will be keeping up with all the news of this game and certainly doing the online game again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Please Click If You Like ThisEmail Me!Link To UsBlogroll Me!

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - Bill Shankly

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?